- The pace of change is remarkable across the core value chain – generation, transmission, distribution, storage and consumption.
- Markets are struggling to adapt to these changes. Utilities are not ready for the transformation.
- A recent PwC survey shows that 82% of utility executives believe their company is not ready for transformation. Worse still PwC say a massive 40+% will not be ready by the end of 2021!
THE IMPLICATIONS OF THIS SITUATION ARE THAT:
- There is an unacceptable risk of service provision failure and even market failure
- Customers will pay higher prices and/or see lower services
- Economy wide transformation that is utility enabled will be constrained